In his book "Fragebogen" ("Questionnaire"), the writer Max Frisch set out 21 of them. We think 11 questions are just as good. Here, hospital partners answer them personally.
Dr. Christian Schäfer is a psychiatrist and chief physician. He works at the Evangelische Lukas-Stiftung Altenburg in East Thuringia (Germany) and heads a partnership with Dr. Andrej Lohin, the director of the Sheptytsky Hospital Lviv in Ukraine. He lived in Switzerland for more than ten years and then in West Germany before taking up his current post. He filled out the questionnaire "11 questions - 11 answers" directly after the first meeting of hospital partners from the field of Global Mental Health.
Hello Mr. Schäfer!
Hello dear Hospital Partnerships Team,
1. The best thing about 2021 for me so far was... buying an e-car.
2. This is something I have recently relearned: When problems arise, don't freeze, but look.
3. The most touching situation in my project was... the deep touching emotions of my staff during our outreaches in Ukraine.
4. This miracle has happened to me in my life: My children.
5. The most important book for me is... I am religious: the Bibel.
6. That gives me strength in life... I know that I am valued, even if I fail.
7. If I ever have a free evening, then... I'm going out for a delicious meal with a good friend.
8. On this occasion I got really excited... the termination of a staff member who was bullied out.
9. What I learned the most in my project is... humility and deep respect.
10. What I appreciate most about the existing partnership is that... we have a reliable leadership in Ukraine.
11. This is how good friends describe me: almost always in a good mood, interested, open to new things.
Last but not least:
Despite everything that is happening here, we are doing very well. Stop the nagging!