In his book "Fragebogen" ("Questionnaire"), the swiss writer Max Frisch posed 21 questions. We think 11 will do for a start. Here, Hospital partners answer them personally.
Sister Sarah Kahumbya (43) is a doctor and nun. She runs the Cardinal Rugambwa Regional Refferal Hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It belongs to the Archdiocese of Dar es salaam and is run by the nuns of the Women's Order of Saint Theresa. As project leader, Sister Sarah has been cooperating with her German counterpart Marion Förster from the Evangelical Hospital Alsterdorf in Hamburg (EKA) since 2018. Their Hospital Partnership focuses on epilepsy in people with disabilities. Sister Sarah grew up in Karagwe Kagera.
Hello, dear Sister Sarah!
Hello, dear Hospital Partnership team!
1. The best thing about 2022 for me so far has been.... the establishment of the rehabilitation department at our hospital in Dar es Salaam.
2. I have recently learnt a new thing:
There are a significant number of disabled people in our communities who do not have access to care and who need our attention.
3. The most touching situation in my project was,
... that despite our limited resources, we have managed to care for disabled people and especially children with love and dignity.
4. This miracle has happened to me in my life:
A partner hospital in Hamburg (EKA) with a strong commitment and desire to help and care for people with disabilities and epilepsy, willing to share their knowledge and skills with CRH staff.
5. The most important book for me is:
the Holy Bible.
6. This gives me strength in life:
The failure and success of other people and reflecting on the life of my late father (he was very strong and full of determination).
7. When I have a free evening, I:
pray, read the Bible and sing.
8. On this occasion I was really excited:
Visiting Germany for the first time in 2019.
9. What I have learned most in my project is ...
... that commitment and effective communication are key to partnership.
10. What I appreciate most about the existing partnership is that ...
... both partners are satisfied with the project and willing to continue it.
11. This is how good friends describe me:
Good-humoured, strong and lovable.
And last but not least (what I always wanted to say...):
Thank you very much for this cooperation!